There are many reasons to maintain a lifelong thirst for knowledge. Many people believe continuous skill acquisition is a critical factor for retaining professional relevance. Being knowledgeable about a broad range of topics equips one to engage in a diverse set of subject matter. And, learning is fulfilling.
Persistent learning is a habit that must be cultivated over time.
Here are five tips for developing the learning habit, according to the report.
1. Articulate your desired outcomes. The desire to learn can be motivated by various things. Are you trying to master a new subject? Is your object to stay up-to-date on certain topics outside of your day-to-day work? Do you aim to enrich your conversations and intellectual activity by studying various new topics? Are you preparing for different competitive exams like JEE, NEET, SSC, Bank PO, UPSC. Identifying one or two outcomes will help you set goals that will make the learning habit stick.
2. Make your goals realistic: It’s important to set a series of realistic goals that will support your learning objectives. Outlining long-term goals and short-term goals that will enable one to achieve them. For example, if one’s long-term goal is to read 24 new books in a year, his or her short-term goal to support that might be reading for 25 minutes per day for five days a week.
3. Become part of a learning community: Eckovation Platform provides opportunities to connect and engage with others who share the same passion for learning. Belonging to these groups increases commitment and makes learning more enjoyable by adding a social component, according to Mr. Coleman.
4. Tune out distractions. Learning requires attention and concentration. Multitasking and use of certain types of technology, such as cell phones and email, can prevent one from reaching the level of concentration needed for learning. While reading or engaging in other educational media, minimize distractions and interruptions.
5. Take advantage of helpful technology. Although technology could be distracting, it can also be used to supplement learning. For example, Eckovation provide learning communities that include some of the world’s leading experts on a variety of topics. Podcasts, audiobooks and other tools can also be educational.
Free Social Learning Groups on Eckovation:
- For Class VI-X Students: General Awareness and General Aptitude are best learn at this stage of life. Eckovation has provided a social platform for All India 2500+ Students, where they share their doubts with experts, have peer to peer discussion and learn from interesting video lectures. These students don’t play games on mobile but use Eckovation Platform for these knowledge based discussions. Click Here to join Class VI-X group on Eckovation.
- For Class X Boards Preparation (English Medium):This is a free initiative by Eckovation to help you score good marks in Boards Examination. Give 1 hour daily to this free learning group and score 80% in Boards. Click Here to join Class X Boards Preparation group on Eckovation.
- For Class X Boards Preparation (Hindi Medium):This is a free initiative by Eckovation to help you score good marks in Boards Examination. Give 1 hour daily to this free learning group and score 80% in Boards. Click Here to join Class X Boards Preparation group on Eckovation.
- For Class XII Boards Preparation: This is a free initiative by Eckovation to help you score good marks in Boards Examination. Give 1 hour daily to this free learning group and score 80% in Boards. Click Here to join Class XII Boards Preparation group on Eckovation.
- For Engineering and Medical Entrance Exams: JEE Mains, JEE Advance and NEET are one of the toughest exams of the country that can shape one’s future. Team of IITians help students prepare for these competitive Exams. 8500+ students are preparing on this group, this provides a competitive environment for all students and help them improve. Click Here to join JEE Preparation group on Eckovation. Click Here to join NEET Preparation group on Eckovation.
- Skill Development Groups: Eckovation holds a leadership position in Engineering segment and our certification courses are valued across all companies and industries in India. We have highly valuable courses in programming, big data, robotics, designing, digital marketing, entrepreneurship etc. and our students have cracked multiple job offers by learning skills through our courses. We have already trained 10000+ students in various domains. Click Here to know about our offerings.
- Free English Learning Groups: Eckovation provides an opportunity to huge community of 14k+ members to learn English. Click Here to join the Learn English Group on Eckovation.
- CAT Preparation Group: Eckovation has also launched multiple Groups in collaboration with a team of 11 IIM/FMS/ISB graduates to prepare highly effective programs for CAT Preparation. Click Here to join the CAT Group on Eckovation (13k+ members).
- UPSC, SSC and Bank PO Exams Preparation: After graduation, a huge proportion of students prepare for these competitive exams and as the competition is intense, there arises a need for effective preparation programs in all these domains. Realising the importance of these segments, Eckovation offers free as well as paid learning options in UPSC, SSC and Bank PO preparation. To join UPSC Group (16k+ members), Click Here. To join SSC Group (10k+ members), Click Here. To join Bank PO Group (16k+ members), Click Here.
- Hindu Dharm Group: Eckovation provides a group for your grandfather and grandmother too. They can get access to all the Chalisa and Aarti Videos and share their religiously experiences with others. Click Here to join the Hindu Dharm Group on Eckovation (13k+ members).
This post has already been read 1821 times!